Are you a heart failure patient or caregiver? Join our free community for people living with Heart Failure. Share your stories, offer your support, and get the comfort and knowledge you need wherever you are.
The American Association of Heart Failure Nurses (AAHFN) has designed this Patient Education website to serve as a resource for patients, families, and caregivers who want an in-depth understanding of heart failure.
The AAHFN recently examined the resources available for patients with heart failure and found that there is a lack of materials pertaining to education, awareness, treatment, research, prevention, and support.
In order to better serve patients with heart failure, the AAHFN Board created The Heart Failure Patient Foundation. The mission of the foundation is to serve patients and families across the continuum of care by:
- Promoting prevention and treatment
- Providing access to information and educational resources to patients, families, caregivers, and healthcare providers
- Facilitating networking opportunities
- Increasing awareness among influential groups and the public
- Engaging key stakeholders who will champion our cause
- Promoting nursing education and research
I am excited to be part of such a wonderful organization that seeks to raise awareness and help individuals diagnosed with heart failure and their families.
Marilyn A. Prasun, PhD, CCNS, CHFN, FAHA
Chairperson, The Heart Failure Patient Foundation